Several of our attorneys have been trained in the U.S. and some others are admitted to practice both in New York and Colombia.
Our partners have worked in major US and European law firms, thereby acquiring experience and state-of-the-art knowledge in the M&A arena.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions practice area has consolidated and positioned as a leader in the local and international public and private mergers and acquisitions market in the various regulated economy and industrial sectors. Our practice is renowned as an undeniable pioneer in structuring and implementing investment and disinvestment mechanisms for companies, always meeting client’s needs.
- Advice on purchase and sales.
- Advice on shareholders’ activism matters.
- Privatizations & Capitalizations.
- Joint Ventures.
- Spin offs and reorganizations of local and international assets.
- Shareholders agreements.
- Implementation of exit strategies.
- Organization of competition processes.
- Antitrust regulation.
- Defense in hostile takeovers.
The result of the transaction was the consolidation of the telecommunications business of both Millicom and EPM in Colombia
Through this merger, Itau Unibanco and CorpBanca will combine their banking businesses in Chile and Colombia to create an Andean banking platform.
The acquisition of Alstom's power and grid business is, so far, General Electric’s biggest industrial acquisition.