Our practice is one of the longest serving in the Colombian marketplace, with over 20 years of experience advising telecommunications and media companies in the country. We participated as legal advisors in matters such as the entry of mobile phone services to the country, satellite telephone, television in its different modalities, data protection and new technologies.
Our team is made up of five attorneys dedicated exclusively to handling our clients’ needs, making it the largest team of its type in any law firm in the country.
- Technology services agreements
- Outsourcing of technology services agreements
- Agreements on the performance of e-commerce projects
- Intellectual property and technology transfer policies
- Regulation projects in respect of technology
- Objective selection processes before government and private entities to perform technology activities
- Legal management of digital strategy
- Use of technological tools and information security policies
- Confidential information and trade secrets
- Evidentiary value of data messages
- Legal strategies for managing intangible assets
- Development of personal data protection policies.
- Application of regulations and judicial precedents related to data protection.
- Contractual protection of confidential information.
- Habeas data act implications in the operations of national and foreign clients.
- Management and restrictions to recording telephone conversations, access to e-mail and monitoring other information.
- Due diligence in the protection of personal data and information security.
- Development of e-commerce projects, both B2B and B2C.
- Start-ups consulting.
- Purchase of Colombian Internet companies.
- Strategies to obtain Internet domains.
- Development and implementation of terms and conditions for Internet sites.
- Regulatory aspects of Internet and e-commerce.
- Telecommunications sector regulatory matters.
- Development of a regulatory framework for the telecommunications industry.
- Legal structure and establishment of the investment vehicle for the entrance of companies of the telecommunications industry to Colombia.
- Necessary licenses and authorizations for providing services.
- Structuring projects and negotiating agreements with suppliers of telecommunications services.
- Participation in public bids for the telecommunications industry.
- Processes of objective selection for the allocation of radio spectrum.
- Infrastructure construction agreements for telecommunications companies.
- National and foreign audio-visual production.
- Catalogue negotiation with integrators of musical contents.
- Performance of activities and licensing of signal for subscription-based TV operators.
- Advice for artists and music groups.
- Advice for actors and actresses.
- Intellectual property over literary works for developing audio-visual productions.
- Musical works registration before the National Copyrights Office and before the collective management organizations (SAYCO-ACINPRO).
- Contingencies associated with the publication of audio-visual works that include real characters.
Legal and regulatory advice regarding its entrance to the Colombian marketplace.
Legal and regulatory advice on matters related to the provision of satellite capacity in Colombia and registration of its satellites to provide services in Colombia.
Legal advice on regulatory and transactional matters concerning provision of services in Colombia and the acquisition and operation of networks and regulatory advice regarding procedures before the telecommunications authorities.
Legal and regulatory advice regarding management of satellite capacity-related assets and the operation of pay television services.
Legal and regulatory advice on related matters and representation of the three Colombian renamed television producers in relation to their joint participation in the public bidding process. We advised Compañía de Medios de Información S.A.S. – CMI Television, Nacional de Television y Cominicaciones S.A. – N.T.C. S.A. and Radio Television Interamericana S.A. – RTI S.A. and Hemisphere Media Group, inc. in relation to their joint participation in the public bidding process for awarding the timeslots of national television channel Canal Uno.
Legal and regulatory advice in connection with the engagement of players in our country, which is an important recruitment site for our client.