Our team offers immigration assistance to individuals and businesses with international hiring programs or businesses with a large or low foreign employee flow; whether local hires, temporary assignments or permanent transfers. Our services are in line with the advice and solutions in all areas of law that impact the permanent or temporary movement of foreign personnel to Colombia, or the movement of national personnel abroad.
Our advice includes the design or review of relocation and expatriation policies; labor and social security planning – including pension advice; tax planning both for the foreign employee and the involved companies; and the design in payroll to ensure compliance with foreign exchange regulations.
- Short-term and long-term international assignments (permanent transfers, local hiring of foreign workers, transfers without local hiring).
- Massive transfers for certain projects.
- Transfers under mergers and acquisitions.
- Study of regulated professions and positions to be held.
- Design and creation of migration matrixes.
- Planning of migration documentary management policies.
- General advice (definition of migration vehicle, references about records and obligations required by immigration regulations).
- Due diligence/audit.
- Obtaining visas. This includes the management of activities such as a requirements list, preparation of letters and documents, filling out forms, and the preparation and filing of documents.
- Procedures related to the exercise of regulated professions, recognition of diplomas and obtaining professional licenses.
- Migration control- representation and accompaniment before the Special Administrative Migration Unit of Colombia (UAEMC) to process documents required by the Colombian government. (Entry and residence permits, registration in the sub-directorate for foreign affairs, assistance and representation in administrative processes, notifications registry, obtaining foreign identification card, migratory flows and permits).
- Intervention before Colombian consulates around the world.
- Obtaining, legalizing and notarizing documents worldwide.
- Academic programs.
NEWS OF INTEREST