Our practice has been the leader in merger control before the National Competition Authority for the last few years, having consistently filed more applications than any other firm, according to the authority’s public records.
Our practice is also Colombia’s leading and pioneer practice in leniency applications, successfully working with the authority in securing the first leniency grant in Colombia, securing 100% immunity in three separate investigations.
We advise on all areas of competition law, including disputes related to unfair competition and violations of the rules on cartel activity and unilateral conduct. In addition, we assist clients involved in mergers, acquisitions and other types of transactions both in local and international markets. We have great experience and a successful trajectory in the presentation of applications for authorizations of national and international integrations with impact on the Colombian market.
- Analysis of company behavior before their competitors.
- Legal strategies in accordance with the unfair competition regime.
- Legal representation in litigation on unfair competition.
- Representation in administrative investigations for unfair competition.
- Analysis to determine the need to request prior authorization before competent authorities.
- Procedures required before the national competent authorities to obtain decisions of non-objection for intended integrations.
- Preparation of the required documentation within the regulatory framework for the prior authorization for integration operations.
- Analysis of the behavior of companies in the market.
- Legal strategies from the perspective of the restrictive business practices regime.
- Analysis of acts and agreements with potential adverse effects on competition.
- Representation in administrative investigations initiated by the Superintendence of Industry and Trade on restrictive business practices.
- Representation in litigations before the contentious administrative jurisdiction in relation to decisions made by the competition authority.
- Training seminars on the competition protection regime.
- Seminars on the need to adapt companies’ behavior to the competition protection regime.
- Internal audits for companies to assess compliance with the competition protection regime.
- Preparation of competition protection regime compliance manuals.
- Provided legal advice to THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY in the merger control procedure in Colombia triggered by Dow’s US$ 59 billion merger of equals with DuPont.
- Provided joint legal advice to AMERICAN AIRLINES and LATAM in the merger control procedures in Colombia triggered by the intended Joint Business Agreement between the Parties for air transport services between North and South America.
- Legal advice to SABMILLER PLC. in the merger control process and in the negotiation of a complex package of remedies triggered by the acquisition of SABMiller by AB InBev.
- Provided legal advice to several companies in the preparation and implementation of a compliance program. This included the preparation of a compliance chapter for the Code of Conduct. In addition, the advice included seminars for company officers and employees regarding Colombian competition law.