Our dispute resolution practice is outstanding and internationally recognized. We have the largest litigation, arbitration, and insolvency practice group in Colombia. Our practice group has expert lawyers specialized in dispute resolution and litigation related to competition law, natural resources, insurance, engineering, real estate, public utilities, infrastructure, software development, collection proceedings, administrative investigations initiated by the Colombian Self-Regulator Stock Market and insolvency proceedings.
Our areas of expertise include international commercial arbitration and investment arbitration, as well as other dispute resolution mechanisms, such as mediation and ‘amigable composición’. We represent both public and private entities, as well as investors, in international and domestic arbitration proceedings.
We represent our clients along the entire course; from the drafting of dispute resolution clauses and throughout the legal stages of the proceedings, to the interim and conservatory measures before the litigation or arbitration. We also identify the best business-oriented solution for our clients, with the purpose of achieving their commercial and legal goals.
Our practice is expert in risk management. We work together with our clients to understand their business, identify the potential areas of legal exposure and develop resourceful strategies for the administration of their risks.
- Providing advice and representation in civil, commercial, administrative, constitutional, competition and police proceedings.
- Providing advice and representation in proceedings before public and legal entities.
- Providing advice and representation in exequatur proceedings.
- Providing advice and representation in preventing potential litigations.
- Providing advice and representation in termination of contractual relations and litigation.
- Management and resolution of disputes through alternative conflict resolution mechanisms, such as conciliation and mediation, among others.
- Review of litigation in due diligence proceedings.
- Providing advice and representation in national and international arbitration proceedings.
- Preparation of arbitration agreements according to the specific conditions of the business.
- Analysis of convenience and legality of arbitration agreements.
- Providing advice and representation in the selection of arbitrators.
- Providing advice and representation in processes for the annulment of arbitration awards.
- Providing advice and representation in the acceptance of international awards.
- Participation as arbitrators and secretaries in national and international arbitration courts.
- Providing advice and representation in insolvency proceedings, both as debtors and as creditors.
- Review and advice in the constitution of guarantees.
- Review and advice on insolvency risks regarding the structures of project finance.
- Strategic advice on business with companies in insolvency proceedings.
- Advice in the acquisition of companies in insolvency proceedings in coordination with other teams of the firm.
NEWS OF INTEREST