Pursuant to Resolution 3167 of 2019, Migration Colombia introduces new regulations on the entry of foreigners into the country, travel documents and control mechanisms. In this regard, it is possible to highlight the following:
- New classification of entry and stay permits, as well as the scope of permitted activities.
- The Border Mobility Card for foreigners from neighboring countries as an alternate travel document to the passport.
- The CAN-MERCOSUR Electronic Migration Card as an alternate travel document to the passport.
- It is clarified that automatic migration only applies to nationals or foreigners with a visa valid for at least two years.
- Biometrics authentication (BIOMIG) is implemented for Colombian nationals.
- Clarifications are made on the report of passengers and crew.
- A contingency plan is established in the face of technological failures in the immigration registration process.
- The advantages of visa-free entry that nationals of the MERCOSUR, CAN and Pacific Alliance countries extend to foreigners who have permanent residence in those countries.