Decree 1288, 2018 granted benefits to Venezuelan nationals who registered with Colombian authorities earlier this year during a nationwide census (herein and after “RAMV”)
- Pursuant to this new decree, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will modify the requirements and deadlines for the Special Stay Permit (PEP) to give access to the institutional offer in health, education, work and attention of Venezuelan children and adolescents who registered in the RAMV.
- The Ministry of Education will regulate within the next three months the procedure to validate higher education degrees from Venezuela.
- Venezuelans enrolled in the RAMV shall be entitled to emergency care, vaccination within the framework of the Extended Immunization Program-PAI, prenatal care for pregnant women, affiliation to the General Social Security System for Health, as well as to the system for the prevention of workplace risks.
- Venezuelans registered in the RAMV can access guidance, information, and referral services of the Public Employment Service Providers Network.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE CONSIDERED?
- The PEP is a valid identification document for Venezuelan nationals that allows them to remain temporarily in Colombia and access the institutional offer in health, education, work and attention of children and adolescents in the national, departmental and municipal levels.
- The PEP is not a visa and does not influence the time calculation to obtain a Residence or Migrant Visa.
- The Immigration authority may cancel the PEP, in the following cases:
- Inappropriate use of the PEP.
- Violation of the immigration regulation.
- Infractions to the Colombian legal system after the initial registration.
- Stay more than ninety (90) calendar days out of the country.
- When the presence of the foreigner in the national territory is considered inconvenient.
- Decree 1288 became effective as of July 25, 2018.
Para mayor información contacte nuestro equipo
Conozca más sobre
Compartir esta noticias