In accordance with article 328 of the National Development Plan 2018-2022, the National Mining Agency (“ANM”) issued a draft resolution by means of which it establishes the conditions and periodicity for the submission of the information on mineral resources and reserves existing in the concession area (the “Draft Resolution”).
The purpose of the Draft Resolution is to establish the conditions and periodicity in which the mining holders must submit before the ANM, the information regarding the mineral resources and reserves estimation existing in the concession area, in accordance with the Colombian Resource and Reserves Standard (“ECRR”) or other international standard recognized by the Committee for Mineral Reserves International Reporting Standards (“CRIRSCO”).
With that in mind, the Draft Resolution, among others, provided that:
1. Information regarding the resources and reserves estimation of must be submitted within the Work Program (“PTO” its acronyms in Spanish) or the applicable technical document, or when updating those documents, notwithstanding it may be required at any time during the exploitation stage.
2. If the mining holder submits the PTO or the applicable technical document and such document is being evaluated at the effective date of this resolution or within the following month (without a request to that effect), it must correct the mineral resources and reserves estimate by applying the ECRR or other international standard recognized by CRIRSCO.
3. Mining holder who have submitted an extension request or any other contract modality change and that requires a PTO or applicable technical document modification and such application is under evaluation at the effective date of this resolution or within the following month (without a request to that effect), it should update the information on resources and reserves under the ECRR or other international standard recognized by CRIRSCO.
4. Mining titles that already have an approved PTO or applicable technical document, will have the following maximum term to update the resources and reserves information they have collected during the execution of the mining title under ECRR or another international standard recognized by CRIRSCO:
a. Large mining projects will have until December 31, 2020;
b. Medium mining projects will have until December 31, 2021; and
c. Small mining projects will have until December 31, 2022.
5. The information regarding the existing mineral resources and reserves in a concession area must be updated annually by the mining holders.
Therefore, in compliance with the article 8 of the Colombian Administrative Procedure Code authorities must maintain available to all interested parties the complete and updated infccormation, among others, of the specific regulatory projects and the information used to build them, in order to receive opinions, suggestions or alternative proposals, the ANM will receive such opinions, suggestions or alternative proposals in the following emails: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and until next Wednesday, February 5, 2020.
The Draft Resolution can be found in the following link: