The Superintendence of Industry and Commerce (SIC) issued an administrative order, through Resolution 19012 of 2020, to providers of telecommunications networks and services providers (TNSP) to safeguard the rights of its users. We highlight the following measures:
- For mobile phone and internet operators: inform users of postpaid and prepaid services of their rights during the state of emergency and the rules that apply to the suspension of service for non-payment on time.
- For telecommunications providers (telephone, Internet (fixed and mobile) and subscription television services) they must inform users on:
- The suspension of attention in physical offices to present requests, complaints, or claims (PQRs), until May 31, 2020.
- The obligation to receive and respond to any PQR through non-presential attention channels. TNSPs must enable a link for this purpose on their websites.
- That users can submit requests for the assignment of the contract, cell phone number portability, warranty and support of terminal equipment, through appropriate electronic means.
- That users may submit PQRs via telephone from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week, until May 31, 2020.
- The possibility of delivering users invoice by e-mail even if they have not authorized it. If it were the case that TNSP’s did not have this information, the invoice should be delivered in physical form.
- The suspension of the obligation for responses to PQRs to be answered through the same means of attention used for their submission and that during the emergency they will be handled through e-mail.
- From April 17 to May 31, no interest will be charged for late payment of amounts that are not paid in a timely manner and are associated with the billing of phone, internet and television.
- If they have problems with their service, they should go first to the TNSP and then, if they do not get an answer, to the SIC. Also, that the deadlines for answering PQRs have not been modified.
TNSP have to prove the implementation of these measures before the SIC by April 28, 2020.