The Ministry of the Interior (Ministerio del Interior) and the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism (Ministerio de Comercio, Industria y Turismo) issued a Joint External Circular, through which measures were established for the governors and the district and municipal mayors for the development of the third day without VAT, among which are
- The sale of household appliances, computers and communications equipment indicated in numeral 3.2. of article 3 of Decree 682 of 2020 is suspended in all commercial establishments in the national territory considered as large surfaces.
- Give instructions so that the withdrawal of the products acquired virtually in the mentioned days is carried out in a programmed way in the stores within the 2 weeks following the date in which the purchase was made without VAT.
- To allow the operation of the commercial establishments 24 hours.
- Ensure that merchants comply with biosecurity protocols.
- Establish massive and clear campaigns that allow people to converge on the different shopping centers, promoting social discipline, citizen culture, correct use of masks, self-care and care of their community.
- Impose sanctions for non-compliance with sanitary measures, such as the closure of the commercial establishment.
- Inform and train workers and make available to them the guidelines of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection (Ministerio de Salud y Protección Social) in all matters related to the prevention of COVID-19.
- Encourage citizens to stay home if they have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing.