Through this Resolution, the Ministry of Health and Social Protection extended the health emergency throughout the national territory until August 31. This extension may end before this date if the causes that gave rise to it disappear. Likewise, if these causes persist or increase, the term may be extended yet again.
On the other hand, with the aim of preventing and controlling the spread of COVID-19 in the national territory and mitigating its effects, the Ministry adopted the following health measures:
- Order the implementation of the biosecurity protocols to be adopted by the Ministry of Health and Social Protection in relation to the sectors or activities in which the right of movement is allowed (excepted activities by the National Government).
- To extend until August 31 the preventive isolation sanitary measures established in Resolution 464 of 2020 for people over 70 years old. To protect their mental health, they will be allowed to go out under the terms and conditions defined by the Ministry of Health.
- To extend until August 31 the preventive isolation sanitary measures established in Resolution 470 of 2020 for people over 60 years of age residing in long-stay centers. To protect their mental health, they will be allowed to leave under the terms and conditions defined by the Ministry of Health.
- To extend until August 31 the obligatory sanitary measure of partial closure of activities in life centers and day centers, except for the food service that must be delivered.
- To order all the country's authorities and individuals, according to their nature and within their area of competence, to comply, as appropriate, with the response strategy to fight the pandemic, formalized by Resolution 779 of 2020.
- To order the Health Promoting Entities (EPS for its acronym in Spanish), territorial entities and Institutions that Provide Health Services (IPS for its acronym in Spanish) to facilitate the ex officio affiliation to the General System of Social Security in Health of the population residing in the national territory, using the virtual channels established by the Ministry.
- To order the Administrators of Benefit Plans, including the special and exceptional regimes, and their network of health service providers to guarantee the health care of their affiliated population, prioritizing the model established in Resolution 521 of 2020.
- To order all radio broadcasting stations, television programmers and other mass media to broadcast the health situation and the protection measures for the population free of charge, according to the information provided by the Ministry at times or bands of high audience in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications.
These measures are of immediate execution, preventive, compulsory and transitory, and are articulated with the measures adopted by the Economic, Social and Ecological Emergency or in development of the protection of public order and coexistence.