By means of Resolution 3548 of 2019 published in the official gazette on July 5, 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs creates the Complimentary Special Stay Permit (PECP), which will be issued by the Special Administrative Unit of the Colombian Migration, with prior authorization from the Advisory Commission for the Determination of Refugee Status (Conare), to Venezuelan nationals who meet the following requirements:
- Have requested the recognition of refugee status in Colombia in the period between August 19, 2015 and December 31, 2018.
- That the administrative act that rejects the request or does not recognize the refugee status be framed within the provisions of certain immigration regulations.
- Have no criminal records at a national or international level.
- Have no valid expulsion or deportation measure.
- Be in national territory at the date of the issuance of this resolution.
- Not be the holder of a Colombian visa or be in the process of requesting it.
- Not hold another special permit or be in the process of requesting it.
The PECP will be granted for a period of ninety (90) calendar days, extendable for equal periods, without exceeding the term of two (2) years.
The owner of the PECP will be authorized to exercise any legal activity or occupation in the country, including those that are developed by virtue of a labor contract, without prejudice to the requirements established in the Colombian legal system for the exercise of regulated activities.