The Capital Market and Securities Regulation practice advises all types of foreign investors and international investment advisors who wish to take advantage of the great opportunities offered by the Colombian stock market. We represent local and foreign issuers, institutional investors, stockbrokers, investment banks, financial institutions, governments and supranational organizations conducting transactions involving the issuance of shares, debt bonds, and sovereign bonds, structured and subordinated notes, ADRs and GDRs programs, investment funds abroad, Real Estate Investments Trusts (REITs), among others. Our team offers advice in the forefront of Corporate Governance, accompanying in the development of codes of good governance, administrative restructuring, and advice for directors and managers in the management of stock market issuers.
We lead the development of the Investment Funds Industry in general, and particularly of Private Equity Funds, where we offer advice on their establishment and operation, in the promotion of foreign funds to Colombian investors (fundraising activities) by foreign professional managers; advice for institutional investors, such as pension funds and insurance companies to invest in such vehicles, as well as advice for professional managers in the development of their work, for local and foreign funds.
Portfolio of services
- Private equity and venture capital funds
- Real estate investment funds - REITS
- Fundraising for private equity funds, mutual funds, fund of funds (Fundraising)
- Collective portfolio
- Implementation, listing and promotion of Exchange Traded Funds -ETFs
- Local issuance of securities, including public and private placement of shares, public and private debt bonds, and structured and subordinated notes.
- Local issuance of securities by foreign issuers
- International issuance of securities by local issuers, including American Depositary Receipts, Issuances recorded under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Securities Offering and Foreign Financial Services in Colombia
- Advice regarding the authorization procedure and subsequent compliance with regulatory obligations of Representative Offices and correspondent agreements.
Stock Exchange Mergers and Acquisitions
- Legal Structuring of Takeover Bids (OPA), public offerings for democratization and Auctions.
- Advice on conducting operations on fixed-rate and variable-rate securities in the Secondary Market
- Advice on corporate reorganizations procedures of securities issuers.
- Structuring of investments and exit strategies for Private Equity Funds
- Advice related to intermediation activities in the stock market
- Advice regarding the registration of securities in local or foreign securities trading systems - MILA and Colombian Global Market
- Advice related to the registration of foreign securities in the local market
- Advice related to the formation of liquidity in the stock market
- Responsibility of managers, management of privileged information, publication of relevant information and management of issuers of the stock market
- Advice on the incorporation and reorganization of entities supervised by the Finance Superintendence of Colombia
- Advice for potential issuers of securities in the implementation of good corporate governance practices
- Development of Codes of Good Corporate Governance and other related corporate documents
- Advice regarding administrative restructuring
- Advice for directors and managers on the management of securities issuing companies